With a population of 1.94 crore as estimated till 2018, Delhi is on the verge of becoming the third most conurbation after Tokyo but the resources in Delhi are only enough to curb a population of 1.5 crore people. And there is no increase in the facilities with the increasing graph of population. There is a dire need to create solutions for land problems and other facilities required by a common man. Due to increasing land rates, direct acquisition of lands is not possible and citizens and builders face difficulties because of that.
After years of sleep, the government has awakened and brought one of the biggest reform policies to oversee the land problems faced by the people of Delhi. The Delhi Land Pooling Policy is a ray of hope in a universe of pessimism. High floor area ratio and single window mechanisms are the major bullet points of this policy.
Passed with the collaboration of DDA and government, this Land Pooling Policy has targeted an acquisition of around 40,000 acres of new land in the outer areas like Bawana, Najafgarh and Narela. The change such kind of advancement will bring in people’s life will be drastic and it will improve the life of the citizens.
1. Minimum DDA interference is ordered. It will just work as a facilitator for setting up layout plan in order to decide the procedure for the allotment and setting up a certain time line for participation. DDA is authorised to make a unit which will take care of approvals and certifications for land pooling applications.
2. Residential Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of 400 for Group Housing will be applicable on entire residential land apart from the 15% FAR reserved for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) housing. Total residential land to be maximum of 55% of gross residential land.
3. FAR for urban level commercial and urban level public/semi-public development to be 250.
4. The landowners or a group of landowners will be allowed to assemble and surrender land within a certain time frame for servicing, unified planning and others.
5. The DDA will be responsible for physical infrastructure like water supply, power supply, traffic and transportation etc.
6. A portion of land will be given back to the landowner irrespective of the land use committed to their land for the development plan.
7. The DDA and Developer Entity both have been given responsibility for a smooth functioning of land pooling procedure and other facilities.
1. It will eradicate the problem of land acquisition and give a relief to farmers.
2. It will benefit the landowners and farmers by giving them a certain portion of their land back at a new location and setting the prices of the lands sold at market rates.
3. Unauthorised housing societies, emerging like pollution in Delhi, will go in gloom and sit back to see the development.
The benefits of Land Pooling Policy are many fold and can be understood by a common man. It is an initiative that will reach directly to the public and change their lives from sad to happy.
The builders have collected 20,000 acres of land through LPP and there is no doubt that it will be put to wise use. The Diamond Multi State CGHS is in front in the race of development and has completed some projects with the help of LPP, benefitting hundreds of citizens and giving them homes which they had dreamed of. It can be said that the Diamond Multi State CGHS is doing full justice to LPP and MPD 2021 which aims at “housing to all by 2021”.